The Health and Wellness Programs seek to promote healthier lifestyles for people aged 60 and older.
Participation in these programs can lead to a measurable improvement in quality of life and may even reduce overall healthcare costs.
The goals of these programs are to:
- Abolish the myth that inevitable functional decline comes with age
- Empower older adults with the information needed to age well
- Support older adults in making lifestyle changes to improve overall health
- Reduce the utilization of the healthcare system
There are a variety of evidence-based programs that assist older adults in self-managing:
- Chronic conditions (diabetes, arthritis, chronic pain, etc.)
- Mental health
- Injury and disease prevention